The Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative and office support activities. Reporting directly to the President, the Administrative Assistant organizes communication between the US-based and non-US-based teams and various stakeholders.
Duties will include fielding telephone calls, social media and other internet-based interactions, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, filing and data entry. Extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required.
- Preferred B.S. or B.A.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social media and website management
- Experience with office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc)
- Experience with CRM software (Sales Force, etc)
- Experience with Email marketing software (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc)
- Prepare materials and manage the execution of Celebrate Africa events
- Update mailing lists and prepare gifts to our donors and ensure that these gifts are processed and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Ensure consistency and compliance on the Igniting Africa brand – including keeping records of documentation and filings
- Prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports for all projects
- Prepare printed materials, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, social media for use in a variety of ways including in speaking engagements to promote the mission of Igniting Africa
- Help with trade show and event planning, creating or updating presentation software files
Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter and references to Igniting Africa President, Martin Niboh, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 294-7608.