The Development Assistant is responsible for creating and implementing the long-term development plan for Igniting Africa in partnership with the President and Board of Directors. Reporting directly to the President, the Development Assistant organizes events, drafts and submits grant applications, and develops and maintains relationships with Igniting Africa’s new and existing donors in order to increase funding to the organization. The Development Assistant applies the best practices of donor-centered, professional fundraising.
- Minimum B.S. or B.A.
- 3-5 years fundraising experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with offline networking, online networking, and social media
- Experience with office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc)
- Experience with CRM software (Sales Force, etc)
- Experience with Email marketing software (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc)
- Oversee fundraising: Secure financial support from individuals, write grants, research foundations and corporations, and implement other fundraising strategies
- Develop implement a strategic plan to raise funds for Igniting Africa in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Igniting Africa’s donors
- Develop a strong base of monthly and annual donors by increasing
- Ensure gifts are processed and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Create systems for regularly updating Igniting Africa’s donors on the impact of their giving
- Develop and execute plans for identifying and cultivating donors through special events like Celebrating Africa, conferences, fund-raisers, etc.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation fundraising
- Utilize printed materials, website, social media and speaking engagements to promote the mission of Igniting Africa to new and existing donors
- Identify helpful trade shows, conferences, and other events for promoting Igniting Africa’s mission and vision
Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter and references to Igniting Africa President, Martin Niboh, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 294-7608.